Matt Arroyo – Wristlocks Revealed WEBRip 720p (No-GI) [MP4]
Matt Arroyo – Wristlocks Revealed
“How Would You Like A Cheat Code For Jiu Jitsu…An Unfair Advantage That Will Allow You To Tap Bigger And Better Guys With Ease And Leave Them Baffled, Angry And Even A Little Embarrassed…”
Give Me 2 Minutes Of Your Time And I’m Going To Show You EXACTLY How…
Hi, I’m Matt Arroyo…Yea thats me on the right in a video game for the UFC back in the day…Pretty cool huh?
I am BJJ Black Belt, a TUF 6, UFC, and ADCC Veteran. I don’t say this to impress you, but just to let you know that I’ve been training for a looong time and I KNOW MY STUFF!
Anyways, I’d Like to tell you a quick story about how I discovered what almost seemed like magical powers in Jiu Jitsu…by accident!
The tale begins when I was a purple belt back in 2005…
My Instructor Rob Kahn (Royce Gracie’s first black belt) had his first ever MMA fight coming up…
I had been a student at Rob’s school for about a year and he invited me out to New Jersey to watch his fight…front row!
I was super excited and was just in love with BJJ! Rob was 33 years old and very much in his Jiu Jitsu prime and there he was….my teacher…about to do that crazy “UFC Stuff” in the cage!!
I couldn’t wait to see how Gracie Tampa’s Jiu Jitsu would do in a real fight…
Fast forward and round 1 begins!!
Rob’s opponent threw a few punches and immediately Rob closed the distance and got the fight to the ground…
After another few seconds he passed the guard and was on side control….then almost instantaneous he had the mount with the gift wrap locked on!
Then….(the point of my whole story) something crazy happened…from the gift wrap Rob put his opponents wrist on the floor and then dropped his chest weight on his opponents elbow..
POP! POP! POP!
I swear I could hear it from the crowd…
And I Remember Thinking, What The Heck Was That??
After this happened, Rob’s opponent looked to be mentally broken and “Checked Out” of the fight…
Moments later, Rob finished him by a devastating head smash arm bar for the win!!
I was ecstatic! We celebrated in NJ and had a great time that night…The next day we all flew back to Tampa…
It wasn’t until the next week in class that I asked Rob “So, when you were mounted on him and had the gift wrap…I heard a loud pop and saw his arm looked like it snapped…What the heck was that??”
Rob then replied…”It was a wrist lock bro…yea I definitely popped his wrist.”
Up until that point, I thought wrist locks were just something that Steven Seagal did in the movies. I thought that it would never work in a real fight…
And yes, this is probably true…They wont work in a real fight the way Steven Seagal does them in the movies…
But Wrist Locks Do Work… In MMA… And Even Better In Jiu Jitsu
I said to Rob “How come you never taught me wrist locks? They are awesome!”
Rob replied “I don’t know…I don’t really teach them…It’s just something I do..But Just keep your eyes open for them, they are EVERYWHERE!!”
And with that, I never looked back..
I made it a goal that In every roll I had, I would keep my eyes peeled for a wrist lock opportunity!
Well, lets just say…HE WAS RIGHT!! They really are everywhere!!
Lets fast forward 11 years…
I have now been a black belt for 7 years and from purple belt to now I have finished thousands of wrist locks in training and competition against:
-Higher belts than myself
-Bigger stronger opponents than myself
-And even when my opponents had the dominant position on me!
There are literally a hundred different situations and scenarios to take a wrist lock.
But what I did was narrow them down to the “TOP 20” most effective and highest percentage wrist locks!
Introducing My “Wrist Locks Revealed” Digital Course
Here Is What You Will Learn
- Wrist Lock Fundamentals – This will teach you the anatomy of the wrist, how to properly lock in the wrist lock, and exactly what you need to happen for you to be able to get it.
- Mount: Head And Arm Wrist Lock – This will teach you how to apply the wrist lock on a failed attempt of a head and arm choke.
- Gift Wrap Wrist Lock – How to properly apply the wrist lock to finish your opponent before you decide to go to the back or take the arm bar.
- S-Mount Wrist Lock – When entering the s-mount, I reveal that there is a perfect moment to go for it and get it with high success instead of going for the arm bar and possibly losing it to a stronger opponent.
- Mounted Arm Bar Wrist Lock – I reveal the exact technique on how to apply a wrist lock when you have an arm bar locked in from the mount, but they are locking their arms together in the most popular defensive grips.
- Bottom Guard Over Hook Wrist Lock – When someone is in your guard and you have a deep over hook on one of their arms, they will always try to circle their arm out…This wrist lock catches them at the right moment to sur